6.15.2005

Greetings

Please bear with me as I get into this newfangled blogging thing.

A couple of friends have suggested that I start one, since I'll be heading across the Pond in the fall to start grad school in England. Yes, I've decided to embrace my destiny as an LDS spinster (read: one who is over 23 and still single), and figure that a degree in library science and maybe some cool black frames will be the perfect finishing touches. The moving to England part is just a really, really big perk. People can say whatever crap they want about the weather, the food, the teeth, but I love that place. I did a study abroad in London about 6 years ago and have been trying to find out how to get back there ever since. I had no idea that all you have to do is give them $30K and you're in!

The fact that my current job has been sucking the life out of me for the past two years was another big motivator to seek further education. Turns out I'm not much for marketing or sales or Coveyspeak. Or never-ending business trips, delayed flights, hotel bedspreads, and those stupid extra-long rental cars that you can never park correctly.

3 comments:

Mrs. Hass-Bark said... [reply]

Hooray for another friend getting sucked into blog-dom. I'm adding you to my list.

Cody Taylor said... [reply]

Welcome to the blogging world my fellow Utah'n.

I'm adding you to my links.

Streets of Belfast said... [reply]

Welcome to the exciting world of blogging. Hoorah!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...