8.02.2005

Future employment prospects

So I'm the luckiest girl ever. My sweet friend Shannen has agreed to give me some editing work while I'm in England! It won't be a whole lot, maybe two projects a month of 15-20 hours each. But hey, that's perfect, on account of sometimes I won't be able to work because I'll be in Belgium eating chocolate and practicing all kinds of French on good-looking non-smoker men.

Savvymom says I need to be sure to only spend that money on things like travel and shoes. She's right. Otherwise I might be tempted to do something stupid like pay off my student loans early or add to my retirement account.

I found one of those quizzes online that HR departments supposedly give to potential hires. And in celebration of my upcoming job, I figured it would be fun to take it. Feel free to play along, but don't blame me if you find out for the first time that you're a sociopath or similar.

1. When do you feel your best?
a. in the morning
b. during the afternoon & early evening
c. late at night
d. after a good snog

2. You usually walk
a. fairly fast, with short, quick steps
b. less fast head up, looking the world in the face
c. fairly fast, with my nose in the air so no one will guess that I'm totally lost
d. less fast, head down
e. very slowly

3. When talking to people you
a. stand with your arms folded
b. bore them
c. have one or both your hands on your hips
d. make lots of threatening hand gestures
e. play with their ear, touch their chin, or smooth their hair

4. When relaxing, you sit with
a. your legs propped up on the backs of your indentured servants
b. your legs crossed
c. your legs stretched out or straight
d. one leg curled under you

5. When something really amuses you, you react with
a. a big, appreciative laugh
b. a shrieking cackle straight from the depths of Hades
c. a quiet chuckle
d. a sheepish smile
e. a clap, which makes no sense

6. When you go to a party or social gathering you
a. make a loud entrance so everyone notices you
b. make a quiet entrance, looking around for someone you know
c. head straight for the spinach dip, knocking down the people who don't get out of your way fast enough
d. make the quietest entrance, trying to stay unnoticed

7. You're working very hard, concentrating hard, and you're interrupted. Do you . . .
a. welcome the break
b. feel extremely irritated
c. vary between these two extremes
d. not understand this question

8. Which of the following colors do you like most?
a. red or orange
b. black
c. yellow or light blue
d. green
e. dark blue or purple
f. white
g. brown or gray

9. When you are in bed at night, in those last few moments before going to sleep, you lie
a. stretched out on your back, planning for global domination
b. stretched out face down on your stomach
c. on your side, slightly curled
d. with your head on one arm
e. with your head under the covers

10. You often dream that you are
a. falling
b. fighting or struggling
c. searching for something or somebody
d. flying or floating
e. in your house and monsters/vampires/velociraptors/wolves/Gestapo are trying to break in, so you're running through the house frantically trying to lock all the doors and windows before they get through them.
f. your dreams are always pleasant, and you're a big stupid liar

Now for my results! I forgot to add up the points, so I'll just go with the description that seems closest.

Points that Nemesis got: You are an attractive and vivacious woman whose ovaries are not drying out at all. Your intelligence and wit is not intimidating to men--indeed, it attracts them, especially British men. You would be best suited for a career in library science, professional bossing, or royalty. And your niece Savannah loves you the best. Also your hair is nice. Go celebrate with a flourless chocolate torte!

3 comments:

Cicada said... [reply]

On account of I'm Canadian and all, I think that it's really good of you go to the U.K. It's almost like my home and native land. Except that my land is better. Because it's Canada. And I'm Canadian. Get over it, hoser.

Cicada said... [reply]

I think that savvymom talks about being a mom too much. I mean, get over it. There are other things in life.

**I'm just teasing, savvymom!**

chosha said... [reply]

Okay that was VERY funny. Are you sure you want to be a librarian, or is that just your superhero alter ego?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...