2.19.2007

My sister's kids are potty mouths

I hung out at Jenny's this weekend and she asked me to feed Ethan a carton of yogurt. He took exception to the idea of me feeding him and started freaking out and hitting the spoon out of my hand. Also, he called me a ho. Not verbally, because he's not that advanced yet, but look at that face. He totally meant it. That wasn't even the ugliest one he made. Kid did not like me that day. So I relinquished the carton and watched him make a big, huge enormous mess of himself.



It wasn't until I started singing that "Wind the Bobbin up" song that I got a smile out of him. It's a nursery tune I picked up in England and it goes over really well with the kiddies. Turns out there's a demand here in America for songs about little mill worker sweatshop children.




4 comments:

Snow Whiteley said... [reply]

He would make a great teacher. He most definitely has the glare down, because, if that's how he looked after you'd handed him the yogurt, I can only imagine the before.

Nemesis said... [reply]

Excellent point, Sakhmet. You'd best take that up with my sister, though. I prefer to see children eating in nothing but diapers, and then when they're finished I can just turn the garden hose on them.

Kristeee said... [reply]

For some reason his face reminds me of the movie Zoolander. What a look.

Lady Steed said... [reply]

Nem, you are reading for child rearing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...