7.17.2007

Any updates?

This is how Spitfire couches it when she asks us about our life. It has rubbed off on the rest of us.

Since no one has made me shoot fire out my eyes lately, that's all you're going to get. I'm sure it's just a matter of time, though . . .

Updates

Went to a pool party on Monday night. The host and most of the invited males stayed upstairs for most of the night while all the young, hot, bathing-suit-wearing girls cavorted in the pool and hot tub alone. This is possibly why the species is going to die out.

Jenny & Co came up today and we played. Met up with Amyjane & Patrick and Desmama and her kiddies. I looked around at one point--we were all sitting on the floor chatting while children swarmed around and launched themselves from lap to lap. Patrick discovered that I was willing to flip him upside down and dangle him by his ankles, which is how I Buy Toddler Love. It felt a bit like we were in a commune where there were no actual mothers but a bunch of interchangeable boob people.

Am leaving Friday morning for the Utah Shakespearean Festival. Huzzah! Must dig out my flower & ribbon wreath to wear with my tavern wench costume.

16 comments:

Jenny said... [reply]

I love visiting you people. I also can't believe that out of the 5 small children at Desmama's house Ethan was the only one who played serious favorites with his mama. I love me some social kids.

FoxyJ said... [reply]

Now I feel all sad that I wasn't in your happy little gathering. Since I don't really know any of you and I just pretend :) Y'all should come to Seattle; it was 72 degrees today.

Desmama said... [reply]

FoxyJ, you're always invited. And believe me, I'd love me some Seattle this time of year. *Reminds self to check if DesDad is going anytime soon. He will be, eventually. And when he does, oh, I will be there.*

I did have such a great time with you gals today. I felt bad the carpet was gross and stuff, but if you'll forgive me we'll do a shin-dig at the house and park the kids upstairs.

Lucky you going to the festival.

Mrs. Hass-Bark said... [reply]

Wow, I think the species really will die out. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Anonymous said... [reply]

I am so sad not to be going with you to Cedar City. We always have to go dumb places like St. Thomas and Hawaii and NEW YORK CITY!!! I will try and pretend I am in Cedar City with you. I will miss you. Maybe you can bring me something.

coolmom

Nemesis said... [reply]

Yeah, mom. You go dumb places. We're all bringing violins in the car so that we can play them and cry for you.

I think the bigger problem is that you live in a dumb place.

Science Teacher Mommy said... [reply]

Were they gay? Was there a big screen TV in the other room? In all my (perhaps limited) experience I've seldome known men to park it anywhere other than where the swimsuited virgins are.

Saxon said... [reply]

Hey if there was anyway the guys from the English YSA could be at one of your pool parties you would have our undivided attention the entire evening

Cicada said... [reply]

Interchangeable boob people. I'm going to remember that one. Brilliant!

Anonymous said... [reply]

Dumb place? Beautiful scenery, no taxes, $2,000 per person annual PFD, low to no crime, $7.50/hr minimum wage, abundant fishing, no big city traffic anywhere, great restaurants, 5 hours from Hawaii, and two Costco's. Dumb place??? So we have a little snow...

Nemesis said... [reply]

Aaaand so you're about a billion miles from everywhere else that is not Hawaii. And it costs a million dollars to fly up and visit.

Anonymous said... [reply]

You are prone to hyperbole.

Nemesis said... [reply]

You are prone to frostbite.

Dave said... [reply]

Speaking of visiting people- I have been to Alaska AND Utah AND Florida numerous times to visit my beloved family. How many times has ANYONE come here? NEVER!! Except Ed- who slept on an inflatable mattress for about 5 hours and bailed. I swear, when I come visit you all with my kids, I hope they set something of fire. That means all of you- Harrellings.

Lippy said... [reply]

LOL, I love your takes on things.

So what gives with those guys?

Nemesis said... [reply]

Jimmy, here are the only options I can think of:

1. They were afraid of us.
2. They couldn't find their swimsuits.
3. Someone had a Wii hidden upstairs.
4. See Scienceteachermommy's guess.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...