12.24.2007

Twas the night before, and all that

I'm down in Provo now and having a wonderful time with my sweet family. During the lulls I'm reading the book Unplug the Christmas Machine: A Complete Guide to Putting Love and Joy Back into the Season, which is looking like it's going to be great and change my life. It's always fun to find things like that.

Soon we will cook and consume an obscene amount of prime rib, mashed potatoes, crab-stuffed mushroom, shrimp cocktail, Alaskan King crab, cheese ball, and chocolate fondue. Then some of us will have to make additional Utah Food Bank donations to get over our feelings of capitalist consumer guilt. It's just once a year, though, right?

Tonight we'll read Luke 2 and see if Savvy and Ethan are feeling cooperative enough to play Joseph and Mary. Spitfire and I brought our violin and flute to play Christmas songs at Jenny's dire, dire, bossy request. I think it will all end in tears when Savvy demands her turn at the "biolin," but whatever.

Need to post a quick picture to show you the Christmas present I am most excited about. I made two sets of these booties for friends who are having babies and it's quite possibly the coolest, craftiest thing I've ever done in life.




Couldn't you just die? They're made from an 70% angora/30% wool blend and are the lightest, tiniest, softest things you've ever seen. You just want to cup them in your hands like the little baby birds they are. Amyjane has already requested a set in pink. I should be a lot faster about churning them out now that I know what I'm doing, after having made every possible mistake known to man.

I hope everyone has made (or will make) it safely to wherever you're celebrating, and that you're well and happy. Merry Christmas!

"The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light: they that dwelt in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. . . . For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given, and the government shall be upon his shoulders. And his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, the mighty God, the everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace." (Isaiah 9:2, 6)

9 comments:

John said... [reply]

Hurray Hurray for Jesusmas! I hope yours is especially good, Nem. Now you can sit back and think about all those Library patrons who have to take care of their own candy-hyper little brats/kids for the festive season! Woohoo!

goddessdivine said... [reply]

Merry Christmas Nemesis ;-)

(Tusk, that's pretty funny).

Anonymous said... [reply]

It sounds so .... sedate? Sane? We're busy recounting stories of things that were stuck up noses (and ears) by various members of the family when they were children.

Anonymous said... [reply]

EDIT/UPDATE:
Apparently I have a brother who had a bean in his ear long enough... that it started to sprout.

Things can only get better from here.

Snow Whiteley said... [reply]

Amazingly well done little booties. They are quite cutable.

Merry Christmas!

Lady Steed said... [reply]

Merry Merry Miss Nem and family.

Hope the violin and flute survived.

The Big O refused to dress up for the reading of the nativity story. My mom was very sad.

Those booties look so soft. Good work, I am very impressed. I have a scarf that I have been trying to finish for almost a year now--I keep forgetting how to knit!

I'd like to request an orange pair of booties, extra long, for Large S. Pretty please.

Mad Hadder said... [reply]

What? No bootie pattern for your knitting readers??? I'll swap you tit for tat for some very funky WHAT YOU BEEN SMOKIN', WILLIS booties instructions.

Desmama said... [reply]

Those booties look so good I could spread them with cream and EAT THEM. I hope you had a lovely Christmas.

Audra said... [reply]

Merry Christmas Eugene! Love the booties... too cute!

Oh, if you wanna see the most awesome nativity with the sweetest Mary and the hoochiest Angel, check out my blog. Look at the nativity pics, but if you look at the posts below you can take a gander at my hoochie angel. She looks like a Hercules Muse. It is so funny! I love kids in nativities. Come next Christmas, I should have a pretty good nativity all on my own!!!

Hope your music was good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...