11.14.2008

Happy Anniversary!


Today is our three-month wedding anniversary. Since there is no traditional gift for this one, GH is going to be getting the gift of leftover spaghetti. He is one lucky man. One lucky man whose suit pants are too long, I am just now noticing.

My crazy-busy brother-in-law Ed finished processing our wedding pics last month and here are some of my faves from the Big Day.

The red-shoe lineup of hotness. Technically one of the people in the shot is not so much wearing red shoes, but like she was going to be shoved out of the frame.

See how well the flowers-instead-of-veil thing turned out? You can probably also see why I ought to be scheduling monthly rather than yearly scans with the dermatologist.

The lovely cake as decorated in 5 minutes by Jenny and Lady Steed.

GH's cool berry & stephanotis boutonniere. We also have shots of our dads wearing the big girly be-ribboned corsages meant for the two grandmothers in attendance. Do not ask me why this is. Some well-intentioned soul must have seen them and been like, "Here, dads! Put these on!" I didn't notice until all the family pictures were over. So our dads look extra pretty in those.

My bouquet. I actually only had this sucker in my hand for a total of 30 minutes, which is kind of a shame. So pretty, though!





So yeah, it was a pretty great day. But then the days since then have been pretty great too. And now I am inspired to go over to the thermostat and actually turn on the heat as an additional anniversary present to dear GH. Because he deserves it.

12 comments:

Janssen said... [reply]

There are few things that say love like being willing to spring for a higher gas bill.

I, in fact, shared that gift with my husband today. He should recognize after three years of marriage that its' a one time deal and the rest of the winter I'll be saying things like "oh, it's not that cold - put another sweater on."

Beautiful pictures.

Tricia said... [reply]

You've got great teeth! The pictures are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

Audra said... [reply]

How pretty! I wish I had my wedding after the days of wedding shows which I now watch and say "I should have done this! Oh that was a good idea!" Everything looks so pretty and put together! And you look fabulous! I like the laughing picture!

Snow Whiteley said... [reply]

Happy anniversary! So love these pics. You guys look great together.

Lady Steed said... [reply]

Turning up the thermostat...does GH even realize how very much you must love him?!

Happy 3 months! Theric and I just had our 100 month anniversary on Friday, Nov 14th.

Bet you are glad your parents sprung for the braces--you've got some nice looking teeth!

How come my red shoes did not get invited to the red shoe picture?

goddessdivine said... [reply]

Beautiful pics.

chosha said... [reply]

You're a vision. Lovely photos.

Desmama said... [reply]

Those pictures are so pretty! I, too, wish I'd done the flowers instead of the veil. I'm still sighing over that one.

daltongirl said... [reply]

Hey, it's my anniversary too! Only it's 8 years instead of 3 months. Traditional gift: linen or lace. Not that I'm trying to one up you or anything. What daltonboy is getting from me today is that I'm going to share the Kleenex box (it has a lacy cover) with him, and am going to moan and complain and cough and sneeze only half as much as I did yesterday. What I got from db was a book of lace knitting patterns. Speaking of one-upmanship.

Lady S: You'll notice that only official wedding party members were invited to the red shoe pic. Some of us will have to be content with our memories.

Anonymous said... [reply]

Any theories about why your hands are so white in picture #7?

Otherwise they are awesome. I wonder when I will ever be allowed to see the rest of them? Or maybe make a few copies, you know, just for show?

april said... [reply]

you look beautiful! love your colors, shoes and flowers instead of veil thing. that first picture is awesome.

JustMe said... [reply]

I'm at 30 years - I can't even remember 3 months. Loved your pictures, but would like to see better ones of your dress.

I'm a fairly new reader but I enjoy your blog. You are beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...