2.07.2011

Do you really love the lamp, or are you just saying it because you saw it?

Little Lord Voldemort is now officially a smiler. He smiles. And I'm pretty sure that every time he does it a baby unicorn learns to fly, it's just that precious. I swear my favorite sight on this earth is his little baby gumline. Heaven help us all when he starts laughing, because I just don't know how we'll deal with it.

So life right now is pretty much a nonstop quest for said smiles. And since Voldy loves me, and he loves GH, we get lots of them. Turns out, though, that the Dark Lord also loves the floor lamp next to the couch, because he gave it a grin so big yesterday that it almost split his face open. (Note: this was possibly a bigger smile than I've ever received. Not that I'm jealous or anything. I'm sure the floor lamp needed two bags of blood after giving birth to the baby too. Oh wait . . . )


He also loves the pharmacy bag containing my birth control, because he smiled real big at it too. (I'm with him there, though. I too have a deep love for my birth control.)

The reason I don't have much by way of physical evidence of these smiles is because he won't do it for the camera. Or for the Flip video camera. He could be just beaming and cooing away, but when you get one of those tiny electronic things anywhere within his line of sight . . . FWOOMP. Shut down.

Yesterday we were hanging out on the floor, with little Voldy telling me all about his day and everything, when I got the brilliant idea to have GH get out the video camera and film so that the baby couldn't see him. Because then, see, he would keep smiling and we'd get our footage.

See if you can spot the moment when THAT plan failed.




(onesie from Cafepress)

15 comments:

Janssen said... [reply]

Bwhahaha. Babies are SO like that.

Señora H-B said... [reply]

Um, yeah. Adorable. Stop it now. My ovaries just wept.

Sherry said... [reply]

My kid (just a few days younger than yours) also smiles these days. It's basically the cutest thing in the world. (And by that I mean that Voldy there is also pretty cute, but I'm not acquiescing on this one.) The time when my kid is most likely to be all happy-smiley? Right before he pukes all over my lap. And I fall for it every blasted time! "Oh, you're smiling for mummy? So sweet! I love that little smile. What an angel. Oh. Dude, that was gross. Don't do that." Every single time. I am clearly not very smart.

April said... [reply]

He is awfully adorable, though. I miss when my nieces were that age. Enjoy every minute of it! :)

AmyJane said... [reply]

It's electronic distraction. Just now, Maren was figuring out kisses and giving me big old slobbery kisses, until she spotted Sean's iPod and then it was all over. Boo to that.
On the flip side, your kid is super cute. 2-6 months is my very favorite baby age. Good times, good times.

Kristi said... [reply]

Megan also had a thing for the floor lamp. She's coo and flirt like a fool for it, like it was her best friend. So funny. I hadn't ever realized just how entertaining a lamp could be.

Wide, muppety baby smiles make me happy inside.

coolmom said... [reply]

Wow! That was close - I think he almost was gonna cry! But he recovered. If need to get him to do this for the computer screen!

Rachael said... [reply]

I really liked your "Oh, crap" when you realized he was shutting it down. Cracked me up.

Spitfire said... [reply]

What a cute little dimple he has! Or am I imagining?

Jenny said... [reply]

It is kind of weird for me to look at a baby and have him be so quiet. It seems unnatural.

Desmama said... [reply]

I had a crush on a bottle of lotion on my dresser (or so my mom says). I'd coo and chat and laugh with it. Come to think of it, I still really do like lotion, but I've foregone the chatty conversations. ;) He is so so cute.

Kimi said... [reply]

I can't wait to see him in a couple of weeks! He is so dang cute I just want to squeeze him!

Lippy said... [reply]

SO good to see you. I've been everywhere but on Blogger these days. I'm so happy to see you have your little Lord Voldemort :) Congratulations and God Bless you all!

Lady Susan said... [reply]

*Snort!* I have the hardest time catching anything Finn does on camera because once the camera is out it is all about the camera and trying to get the camera. *sigh*

Nemesis said... [reply]

Lippy, hi! It's been forever, so lovely to see you on here!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...