8.31.2011

21 Day Challenge, Day 15: New Hairdo

So . . . I have short, curly hair. The wackiest I ever get is maybe tucking it behind my ears. Or a couple of times a year I'll ask my stylist to straighten it just to throw people off. And then everyone tells me how much they like it straight and maybe they are hinting that I should do it that way all time. Except too bad for them because that's never going to happen. I have embraced the curly-haired goddess within and there's no going back. Plus those CHIs cost money.

I was going pass on this one because I didn't have any ideas, but then I came across a flower that used to belong on a ponytail elastic. The elastic died but I'd kept the flower hoping I could use it for something else. So I stuck a bobby pin through it and gave this a try.

You can be honest about the flower, just please do not be honest my face, which either needs makeup or air conditioning or both.

I like the way it looks from the front but it just feels so HUGE when you see it full-on from the side. Is it too huge? Is my particular area of Utah County rubbing off on me and I'm going to start coming to church with full on Christmas bows and curly ribbon attached to my head?





12 comments:

Elsha said... [reply]

I vote cute, and not too huge.

Jessica said... [reply]

Yes, it *is* huge, but that's what makes it fabulous. The key is that it is not TOO huge. Love. Fab.

Scully said... [reply]

Just call it a fascinator and use a British accent. It seems to work for them.

Señora H-B said... [reply]

I like it. That is all.

Brinestone said... [reply]

I think it's fine.

You did better than me on this challenge (yes, I'm trying it quietly but not really participating online). I tried three different new hairstyles before giving up and just layering accessories again with my hair hanging down on the sides of my face like always.

Ali said... [reply]

I think it's the proper proportion to your head, especially with your lovely curls.

If you were a baby, that would be another story. Gah! I see some babies that are so top heavy with their flower, they can barely hold their head up!

Bebe McGooch said... [reply]

I agree with Ali.

But I also think you should go to church with curly ribbon attached to your head. Just you know, to get into the spirit of season when the time comes. Ha!

Kelly said... [reply]

I love the flower! Not too huge at all.

Bebe McGooch said... [reply]

Do you follow the recipe exactly, other than the croutons? It's the one beef I have with the ratings system on Allrecipes.com. "I give this four stars, but really only after I changed the recipe entirely."

Another lovely recipe using pumpkin puree: http://www.marthastewart.com/333990/pumpkin-vegetable-curry-stew

Except I never have Scotch Bonnet peppers around, so I use Tabasco and green bell peppers. And I omitted the green banana since I didn't have one. Anyway, I love me some pumpkin goodness!

emandtrev said... [reply]

I also vote cute and not too big. It looks great on you.

Mmm, pumpkin. Fall is in the air, alright!

Nemesis said... [reply]

Bebe, I do follow the recipe exactly. The one change I sometimes make is to use half & half or milk instead of the cream, depending on how decadent I am feeling. And on which of those things I actually have at the time.

JustMe said... [reply]

Sorry but I have to disagree. I think it is much too big. The flower looks adorable for head-on, but I think it looks stupid from the side.

And there you have my $.02 worth

(my word verification is "flycod" - sounds like an auto correct to me)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...