5.15.2012

Well THIS was unexpected

Remember that one time when my dryer was broken and I came to the realization that it is good to have money to throw at problems? I think I may be about to bear my testimony some more on this topic.


GH has been looking for a new job for a while. What he's doing isn't bad, but it's not going to be a career and there isn't room to move up. Nothing has panned out, and I was starting to resign myself to the idea that I would be living in a 1970s shag-carpeted cave in Utah County for the rest of my days and we will never be able to afford a house ever and soon I will have like three children crawling around fishing old hobo spider carcasses out of the carpet and eating them.

So. While going about my life, I recently did the following:

Dumped $120 and many hours of work getting my garden started
Bought a $90 fitness center/pool pass for the summer
Renewed my Costco membership ($55)

And then today GH got offered a job in L**** and he starts in two weeks. It is craziness and I am still a bit dazed. Happy, and also dazed.

Some may see the previous expenditures as sunken costs, but I choose to see them as me paying my dues and alerting the universe to a situation that she is most welcome to mess with. If me buying non-refundable stuff is the way to get a better job and living situation, I say bring it. 

Another thing I'd been doing, which I had no idea would end up affecting me personally, was praying for years that my talented b-in-law would get an awesome job, which he recently did. And after moving the entire Precii family to Logan and starting said job, he found out about an opening that GH would be great for and called to tell him about it. Moral? Pray for good things to happen to other people because maybe some of that will splash back on you. That's probably how Jesus explained it at some point, I bet. 

Now I just need to find us a place to live. Anybody know of anyone in Cache Valley who is going on a mission and is just dying for me to live in their empty house for a year or so? Just wondering . . .

The Tiny Dark Lord checking out the library where his parents met.
Remember when I was pondering whether to apply for such a low-paying job?
Yeah. Good thing y'all encouraged me to go for it.


13 comments:

SuziQ said... [reply]

There are quite a few houses here in Garland for rent, which isn't a bad drive at all!

shaunie said... [reply]

So excited that good things are happening for your family! You should bear testimony about it. I'm hoping for similar miracles when my husband finishes grad school in a few years.

jeri said... [reply]

I kind of want to be happy for your husband but now YOU ARE LEAVING TOO and I just can't jump up and down about that. I'm torn.

Desmama said... [reply]

I have been so very happy all day. Even with my feral children screaming at each other, I am happy. Because happy is what happens when all your dreams come true. And when your friends move to the same valley you're in. ;)

Barbara said... [reply]

I'm just a random blog stalker living in Cache Valley. You will love it! I don't know of any homes for rent in our neighborhood, but I'll keep my ears open and maybe post another comment. It has been the best place to raise our kids.

Janssen said... [reply]

Woohoo! This is just so fantastic.

goddessdivine said... [reply]

Wowza! Big news. Congrats, and happy hunting (for a residence, that is; not the animal kind).

FoxyJ said... [reply]

Yay! Why are all the cool people moving to Logan? :(

I just took an underpaying job in hopes of eventually moving up the career ladder; maybe I'll meet somebody hot while I'm working here :)

Bebe McGooch said... [reply]

Hooray! Congrats! So exciting!

Kara said... [reply]

You can actually return your Costco membership. Their customer service is so good, they will take back anything.

And I would call the pool place. The worst they can tell you is no refunds.

The garden seemed like a total loss even before the move.

Bridget said... [reply]

Congratulations! That is great news.

Nemesis said... [reply]

@ Kara:
Hah! Had not considered that about the Costco membership! And the pool people ARE giving me a refund since I hadn't started using it yet. So that's nice.

emandtrev said... [reply]

WHAT?!!!!!! Where is my email announcing this?! Just kidding--I'm sure you have a few other things to attend to but oh my gosh!! I almost didn't make it to the end of this post because I am so flipping excited. Congrats to you and GH. And did I mention I'm so excited?! Let's get together for an Indian lunch on the double.

P.S. I love Desmama. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...