So . . . I'm getting induced tomorrow.
I will be 39 weeks and 1 day pregnant. As of Friday, I was 2.5cm dilated and 75% effaced, with the baby right down where he needs to be. So I'm hopeful that my body is ready to do this thing, and that the baby is ready to make his appearance (at less than 9 pounds large, please oh please). That's what's going on over here, and after agonizing back and forth over options and blah, this is the decision I actually feel best about. And I'm really, really excited to meet this little guy.
Now let's talk about the Tiny Dark Lord, on this, his (most likely) last day as an only child. He and I stayed home from church today, because:
1. I can't sit in that warm chapel for an hour. Last night during the Relief Society Broadcast I only made it through the first 30 minutes before staggering out into the hall so I could mop out my cleavage and cool down. Of course everyone thought I was leaving because I was in labor. That was fun. I kept listening in the (much cooler) foyer and enjoyed snacks in the gym afterwards. They were awesome, by the way: finger sandwiches and wraps and fruit kabobs and cake balls and little cream puffs and cheesecake bites and every good thing.
2. It would be just my luck to send him to his nursery class today and have him pick up the cold that's going around. I've seen how much bodily fluids those kids excrete in 2 hours, and I've seen the way TDL picks up and then licks the play kitchen food, so . . . yeah.
GH did send a couple of text updates during church. I learned that I missed out on the Primary Program, which was kind of a bummer. But I also missed out on a 5th Sunday lesson about the importance of accepting and keeping your church building cleaning assignment. Lose some, win some. Pretty sure I'd rather be in labor than sit through that one.
Instead TDL and I watched Music and the Spoken Word and made dough for The Sugar Cookies, which we will cut out tonight using his new Halloween cookie cutters. I took pictures so I can show him that he was loved before I chose to ruin his life with additional babies.
Also on the docket for tonight:
- Make brownies to bring the nurses so they will like me and be willing to massage my perineum. That's not the kind of trade you make every day.
- Finish packing the hospital bag (much smaller this time)
- Ask the Gentleman Husband for a blessing
- Figure out a way to pin back my hair so it stays put during labor this time and doesn't wind up looking like a badger attacked it in all the post-birth photos
Thank you so much to everyone for all your good wishes, advice, encouragement, and prayers. Will post an update as soon as I can!