5.17.2006

We're going down we're going down we're going dooown

Points to whomever gets this one.

Don't even ask me how it's going on the Collections Management essay. So far I have about 1400 words, which would be great except for the part where only about 300 of them are actually mine. The rest is just stuff I've pasted in from sources. Hoo boy.

What would be great is a tragedy or natural disaster or illness so that I could get an extension on this one, because man I am having a hard time focusing. Here's what I have been doing instead:

  • Trimming split ends off my hair
  • Writing a CV which I have to mail out tomorrow for a job I will not get
  • Listening to Savannah read me No David! and the Charlie & Lola book I got her, at which point my ovaries started digging their elbows into me and muttering mean stuff about how I never let them do anything good.
  • Almost eating deli-sliced roast beef that had gone bad but the smell stopped me in time. I swear England, does all your food have to be so dang fresh all the time?
  • Talking to my dad and my sister on G-talk
  • Pondering the Futility of it All

14 comments:

Anonymous said... [reply]

You forgot to put "Blogging" on your list.

Anonymous said... [reply]

Best of luck to you, Nem! Hang in there...I know you can do it!!!! How is that for a pep talk? :)

daltongirl said... [reply]

Memphis Belle?

Castaway?

Titanic?

Flight of the Phoenix?

The Rescuers?

I give up.

Jenny said... [reply]

Finding nemo, But I thought he said, it's going down.

TOWR said... [reply]

FRENCH KISS! What do I win?!?!

Nemesis said... [reply]

Rachel wins a pony! Rachel wins a pony!

And she gets to come to ENGLAND!!!

Anonymous said... [reply]

Sounds like your being more productive cutting split ends off your hair.

I used to wish that the testing center at the Y would self combust into flames so that I would not have to take tests. I never got my wish. Sorry, darling, but I don't think you're going to get an extension.

kiki said... [reply]

Did I ever tell you about that time I was sitting in a hottub with friends talking about how behind I was in school and how I wished I would break an arm or something so I would have more time and not even 15 minutes later I fell down and broke my arm? Yeah, that really happened.

So, are you okay? Has anything happened to you?

Snow Whiteley said... [reply]

Oh hurray for French Kiss! On a positive note: You can do it! You really, really can!

If it helps, I'm in the same boat. Except I'm doing the grading instead of the assignments. Good luck!

Cicada said... [reply]

For what it's worth, I always wish for sudden illness to give me more time on end-of-term assignments, too, but I have found that without the sudden illness, I always manage to get the assignment done on time. And then I realize that if I had had the sudden illness, not only would I be sick/hurt, but I would still have the assigment to complete. Good luck; you'll make it.

Th. said... [reply]

.

Sheesh. It's, like, from every plane crash I've ever been in.

Jenny said... [reply]

There was this one time when I was failing college algebra for the second time. Only then I got mono and my teacher (the grad student that graded our tests I should say, he didn't actually teach anything EVER) took pity on me and gave me a D and I passed the class.

That was awesome.

Kelly said... [reply]

French Kiss?

Kelly said... [reply]

Oh, duh. Someone already said it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...