7.23.2006

Lest anyone think I'm about to become a mail-order bride

So I realized (when it was pointed out to me) that not everyone on the Internet knows whose Blessed Nuptials I'm celebrating in September. My brother (who sometimes comments here as "unmanageable") is getting married on September 16th in the Anchorage Alaska temple. See how pretty? Let's just hope there won't be that much snow on the ground. And that there won't be any moose waiting by the front steps to trample us all to death.


He's marrying a very lovely girl from Alaska whom I have never met, but my family loves her to bits already. I've chatted to her online a couple of times and she seems very smart and put-together. Also she's an engineer or something dead impressive like that.

Because he has been sitting in a tent in Iraq for their entire engagement, I don't have nice picture of the two of them together to show you. Also he sort of proposed after two weeks of dating. I do, however, have this photo which the bride sent as part of a fake wedding announcement. Only I almost had a heart attack and joined the Witness Protection Program before I realized that it was a joke. It was the really nice hand-made paper and wax seal on the envelope that threw me.

(That's coolboyh in the background, btw. I took that pic of him frolicking through the flowers about two years ago. He used it as his senior picture, which just goes to show how cool he is.)

Anyway, they're getting married in the morning, then we're having a family luncheon at Sullivan's (already drooling over the food). Then they're off on their honeymoon, only I just realized I don't know where that will be. Someplace in Alaska, probably. The reception will be a week later when they get back, and it will be a casual all-day event at this great place on a lake. Everyone will be there, including The Preciouses, and my b-in-law Ed will take pictures of all of us looking like shiny happy people.

But speaking of my army brother, here's a chat we had yesterday over Google Talk.


Unmanageable: So, whats up?

Nemesis: Dissertation stress, the usual. I've just realized how little time I have to try to do everything. I'm going crazy.

U: I am crazy. Come to the Dark Side.

Nem: NOOOOOOOO!!! That's imPOSSSSSibllllle!

U: Search your feelings, you KNOW it to be true!!

Nem: No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Also you just cut off my hand! I HAAAATE YOU!!!

U: Join me, we will overthrow the Emperor, and rule the universe as FATHER AND SON!!! WAAAHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!!

Nem: AAAAUUUURRRGGGAAAHH!!!! [throws self down funnel]

U: [aw sh*t]


Editor's note: For the people who don't realize what film we're doing here, you have my pity.

10 comments:

Jenny said... [reply]

what the crap?

Nemesis said... [reply]

Um, hello, it's hilarious, potty-mouth.

Saxon said... [reply]

you've been eating sugar and cookies again haven't u?

TOWR said... [reply]

Thank you for showing me that my family's not the only weird one who finds stuff like this to be the pinnacle of hilarity.

Nemesis said... [reply]

No, Saxon, I haven't, sadly enough . . .

Rachel, thanks. I knew you were good people.

N.F. said... [reply]

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that picture of the Temple in Alaska.

Snow Whiteley said... [reply]

Aw, I feel so loved. And so much more in the loop. :)

Also, I laughed out loud!

Anonymous said... [reply]

I don't know the movie you are refering to and am very proud of the fact.

Jenny said... [reply]

I think it's pretty freakin funny you actually had that real live conversation. I guess I need to broaden my horizons more.

N.F. said... [reply]

Um, yah, I don't have a clue what you are talking about, either. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...