10.07.2006

Like Sands through the Hourglass

I'm possibly starting to lose it. It's possible. Most of the pretty autumn leaves have now blown off the trees and all I see before me is dark, dark despair. But to keep my mind off that I will write about the things I have been enjoying lately.

These are in no particular order, but let's start on the hygiene front. This way maybe I will be better about remembering to attend to such things rather than staying in bed muttering words like "There's no point, anyway . . . ":

I love me some Cetaphil. I use the cleanser and the moisturizer. My skin loves them too. With their help I have mostly managed to dodge the "moving to a new climate" bullet that loves to wreak havoc with my face. I say mostly because I did in fact have a chin zit so large and persistent that it actually made my head tilt to one side if I wasn't careful.

For my 27th birthday I asked for anti-aging eye cream, which my sweet mother (the Mary Kay sales rep) gave me. I use it faithfully now in the hope that I will not turn into a wizened crone before my time--at least not on the outside.


Please say hello to "Honey I Washed the Kids" soap by Lush. I bought it back in England ages ago and finally started using it last week. (Note: I did use other soaps during the interim.) It's pretty much a honey & toffee-scented slice of heaven. If I were 7 years old I would probably say cuss words on purpose to get my mouth washed out with this stuff. I have to make it last because it costs something shockinawful like $8 a bar here in the States.

Oh, how I missed my Nutty Bars. Little Debbie is my friend. I like to separate the layers and eat them one by one. That is the true way, I feel, to eat a Nutty Bar. Although I did just see my dad smash one up in a bowl of chocolate ice cream, which also looks valid. Will have to try that when my parents get back from the grocery store bearing foodstuffs. They are also bringing me Hunts Snack Packs of chocolate pudding. My love for pudding packs caused me no end of confusion when I got to England where suddenly people referred to nearly any dessert as pudding.

British Friend #1: "So what's for pudding, then?"

Nemesis: "Yay, I love pudding! You have pudding here??"

British Friend #2: "Yes, it's apple pie with custard, me duck."

British Friend #1: "Ooooh, lovely. Can I have mine warm?"

Nemesis: Brain implodes

(Note: They don't have chocolate pudding in England. So don't even ask.)



Thanks to the good people at Blockbuster Video we have been watching the first season of House this week. Now that handsome devil Dr. House and his beautiful blue eyes have me even deeper in his thrall. He was in my dream last night, where he struggled valiantly to hide his feelings for me, because that is his way.

Also, after watching all the episodes at once I now have a deep and abiding fear of lumbar punctures. And MRIs. Because nothing good comes from those things, I can tell you.

We're now waiting anxiously for someone to turn in the second season so we can check it out. Even though I appreciate them for supplying me with House, those Blockbuster people are nonetheless on my crap list for not having Cold Comfort Farm so that I can introduce my mom to the joys of seeing something nasty in the woodshed.

16 comments:

Jenny said... [reply]

I love ALL THOSE THINGS, TOO! After I first used that soap of yours I had to remember to enter the shower with a full stomach.
And we watched the end of the 1st season last night and I think I must've said 'I hate you stupid Staci' like 50 times. And Andrew Keegan was in them. Who knew?

Good times. Too bad I wasn't sitting on the nice leather couches with the Bose surround sound smashing Nutty Bars into ice cream.

Nemesis said... [reply]

Yeah, we finished the first season this morning. Hate Stacy too. Hate. And The One with Carmen Electra was some of the best tv ever, I think.

AmyJane said... [reply]

We tried to check out Cold Comfort Farm here in BL today since none of the mail-movies showed up for the weekend. No such luck here either. Have your parents ever tried Netflix? Thats how my family rents 99% of the movies these days. Anyway, I've never even seen it but any friend of yours is a friend of mine. Call me sometime!

N.F. said... [reply]

.....so our The Days Of Our Lives.

The End.

Kelly said... [reply]

Love Cold Comfort Farm!

Also, loving the microdermabrasion set from Mary Kay. I don't know if it's reducing my fine lines or anything, but it makes my skin feel lovely after I wash it.

Cicada said... [reply]

I don't understand why you people hate Staci. I don't hate her... maybe I'm missing something. Oh, like, was it the whole adultery thing, because I could get on board with hating that. But hate the adultery people, not the adulteress.

Jenny said... [reply]

I don't like her because she is dumb, Cicada. She screwed up House's leg, then was manipulative and stupid and needy and got a job where House worked etc etc etc. She's not even cool. At all.

TannerJ5 said... [reply]

Well, I can like 2 out of three of those things.Skin care produts.,.....not so sure about.I use them, of course, but do not love them.

daltongirl said... [reply]

Last night I dreamt I was Spiderman(girl). And I kept jumping off rooftops and my web slingers wouldn't work, and I'd just fall and fall, and then at the last second some feeble little web would shoot out and barely save my life. Frustrating when you're trying to rid the world of evildoers. So anyway, I think your dream was better.

Also, I laughed my head off re: the bit about saying swears on purpose to get your mouth washed out with that soap. Brilliant!

Amyj: Call me if you want to borrow CCF.

Scully said... [reply]

Mmm, House dreams are yummy. Add me to the Stacey Hate Train, but mostly just because of Sela Ward's expresionless botox face. And I'm so jealous of your book sale. I'd totally snap up the AS Byatt book bundle!

Erin aka- absent-minded secretary said... [reply]

Hugh Laurie's beautiful blue eyes... are the best thing about House. And, I don't know why they make MRI's so scary, in real life they aren't. I think that they just want to have dramatic lighting somewhere so they chose the MRI room... and then they said... ooohooo it looks like the perfect room to send someone to their death! We will make it the MRI of Death! But, lumbar puctures are that bad. Never, never, never get one. Even if the doctor is as cute as Hugh Laurie.

Scully said... [reply]

Totally forgot to mention you should check out Television Without Pity for their House recaps. They refer to the MRI as the MRI of DOOOOOOM! due to how many incidents happen during them.

Th. said... [reply]

.

I'm surprised you don't have your own copy of CCF. In fact, I could have sworn we once borrowed it from you.

Nemesis said... [reply]

Hee. Scully, you are talking to a TWoP addict. That's how I kept up on House last year. And why Jenny and I call the dark-haired nurse "Evil Nurse Brenda."

Love those heartless foul-mouthed recappers . . .

Saxon said... [reply]

we may not have your chocolate pudding but we do have chocolate mouse, but more importantly we have Cadbury's :-)

Scully said... [reply]

Oh, Miss Nemesis, so glad to find another TWoP addict!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...