9.30.2009

So . . . um, it's snowing

In September.

Not cool.

Also I am not dead, just in case I caused anyone to wonder about that. I am quite alive but just haven't had any good stories/rants/whatever to tell the Internet (at least none that I can tell without getting fired but trust me, there have been some reeeeaal psychos wandering through my doors lately). So I did myself a favor and just didn't worry about posting anything--which was quite a liberating feeling. I highly recommend it.

But here's what's been going on in the last weekerso:

Finished a couple of knitting projects and started working on a pair of knee socks for Savvy. This is my first foray into sock yarn. To get a taste of what that is like, go fetch some dental floss and two darning needles. And then turn that into socks.

Married off the Gentleman Husband's baby sister over the weekend. Everything was lovely, except for the group waiting for the wedding after ours who possibly felt that the inside of a temple is the equivalent of somebody's barn and therefore chose to carry on an incredibly loud reunion therein. No lie, when the temple worker came in to shush them, they didn't even notice him. But the bride was beautiful, the sealer did a great job, and everyone was happy. Afterwards drove through Utah's Fruit Way (scored amazing peaches, corn, butternut squash, and pumpkins) to Maddox with GH's family, where we stuffed ourselves on the fabulous food. Fact: One of the ways GH wore me down back in the day was by taking me to Maddox so that I could have quite-possibly-sinful relations with their steak. Pavlov would be proud.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go defrost my feet.

10 comments:

Unknown said... [reply]

back in the day
(I love that phrase)
The snow in the mountains is so lovely!

HiccupMeL said... [reply]

Hey, I've got a locals secret about Maddox. You can get take-out for four people for around 20 bucks! It's SO much food and for 5 bucks a person, it's a win/win situation! :)

Desmama said... [reply]

Maddox is good food. Mmm. You're making me hungry.

coolmom said... [reply]

Snow? Ha! You beat Alaska to it. You have my condolences.

Marie said... [reply]

Shivering with you--nice to know that both Idaho and Utah beat Alaska. Not fun, but it makes for a good story. (Around some sort of fire, preferably.)

Giggles said... [reply]

Mayhaps you should be knitting the socks for your own feet?

emandtrev said... [reply]

I love Maddox. My sister invited me to go with her today, in fact, but I couldn't make it work with everything else going on. Yes, I am still pouting.

I would love to see pictures of the knitted socks!

Courtney said... [reply]

But snow = sweaters and sweaters are just about the best thing in the world. That and the rolls at Maddox.

goddessdivine said... [reply]

Pet peeve #297 (right after hand-held devices used in church): obnoxious parties in temple lobbies. Good way to zap the spirit from your experience.

Patience said... [reply]

Dear Nem-
with the lack of posts, you leave me no choice but to assume you are pregnant. hee hee.
xo,
p-cute

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...