6.24.2010

You'll be relieved to hear

Recent conversation with library user

Library user: Hey, I ran out of time on the computer but I wasn't done sending my email yet. Can you do anything for me?

Me: I can start you another session, just let us know when you're running out of time, because it's easier for us to extend it then.

LU: Okay, great. Thanks

He hands me a flash drive. I wonder what he wanted me to do with it.

LU: Oh, that's your flash drive, the other librarian lent it to me.

Me: Oh, okay. Thanks.

LU: It's just that I have a solution for the oil spill, and I need to send it off to the government. That's why I need more time on the computer.

Me: Oookay then.

See? Don't you feel better now? Except hey, I'm going to go ahead and cross fingers that he does have a brilliant idea that will work, because so far no one else seems to.

8 comments:

Courtney said... [reply]

I bet it's all on the flash drive. Go ahead, check it out :)

Unknown said... [reply]

And after you check it out, patent it then charge the government or BP an undisclosed amount to use it. (If they aren't interested, maybe Kevin Costner is.) Then, when you are a gazillionaire, don't forget those friends that gave you the idea.

Wow...I think pregnancy brings out my horribly selfish side.

Nemesis said... [reply]

Yeah, I asked if the idea was still on the flash drive and he said no, he already deleted it. So . . . one step ahead of me, there.

Cooldad said... [reply]

So the man with the idea to solve the spill problem has to use the library's flash drive and the library's computer to transmit it to "government." Yeah, I guess that is possible.

emandtrev said... [reply]

That is great. Give that person more time, by golly! BP and/or the government better be listening.

jeri said... [reply]

Yeah, the conspiracy theory guy is definitely going to be ahead of you when it comes to deleting his files.

Sarah said... [reply]

Perfect. I am sure glad somebody has it fitured out.

Sarah said... [reply]

figured... I meant figured. I should proof read more.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...