1.23.2012

Winter Edition: Day 1--Layers

Aaaaaand The Challenge: Winter Edition begins! 

Day 1's challenge is to do layers. I just bought this cardigan at H&M and was excited to wear it, only then in my dream last night my sister Jenny saw it and said it looked like a "mom cardigan." I will be accepting her apology until the end of the business day. (Note to my own mother: in my dream Jen meant "mom" in the general, not "Mom" in the specific.)

First I tried putting it over a button-up shirt, but I sort of hated that. Or maybe I just hated the shirt. After seeing Merrick's post I got the idea to try it over a dress.

Banana Republic dress
H&M cardigan
Downeast scarf
tights from Kohls, shoes from Ross
jewelry from my mom--thanks Mom!


After getting dolled up I went to buy groceries and felt like the fanciest person at Smith's Marketplace. I would have worn my black boots but I have a sore toe that makes them too painful to wear. (Actually, it's a corn. Okay, fine, two corns. Way to be jerks and drag that out of me, Internet. Either way, boots = ouch.)

Anybody else going to give this a try?




13 comments:

Rachel said... [reply]

love your outfit! I too, felt fancy while grocery shopping!

emandtrev said... [reply]

You look fantastic!! I did it. For today! We'll see if I can stick with it. I uploaded to Flickr since I'm private and all.

Thanks for your encouragement. It's fun to think about the same old stuff a different way.

Kris Tina said... [reply]

Alright - I'm going out on a limb here . . . one of my new year's resolutions is to make some new friends and well . . . I've been following your blog so I thought . . . maybe we could be friends in real life. Does that sound awkward and weird? Like I am in third grade? Don't answer that. But I have decided that I might as well tell you that I like your blog and I think you seem fun.

Janssen said... [reply]

Very much NOT a mom sweater. But Jenny should still apologize :)

Cooldad said... [reply]

And what are you wearing?

Brinestone said... [reply]

I like it. The unexpected pop of color in the bracelet makes it, I think. I love your shoes too.

Kati said... [reply]

Love the pop of color in the scarf, so cute!

Jenny said... [reply]

Now that I see the sweater, I totally agree with my jerk dream self. HA!


Just kidding! (Imagine me saying it like Meg)

Rachel // Maybe Matilda said... [reply]

Cute! I love that cardigan, and the scarf with it is so adorable. You look great!

rebekah said... [reply]

Your outfit is great and your son is super cute!

Preethi said... [reply]

The stripes are adorable. Love it!

preethi
lace, etc.

Rebecca said... [reply]

Cute layers! I love your purple scarf!

See Me Rwar

Kayla Moncur said... [reply]

I'm almost always the fanciest person at the grocery store. I've made my peace.

I love it over the dress! I'd get a ton of wear out of a cardigan like that. It's definitely not a mom piece.

Kayla
Freckles in April

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...