3.08.2012

Because heaven knows we can't disrespect an old person

My Gentleman Husband is pretty much an advertiser's dream. We've already discussed how he is about Christmas presents, unable to decide what he desires until the holiday ads present him with his options. Recently a commercial for some big new massive fast-food bacon cheeseburger came on TV and he told me about the time when that a similar commercial made him so excited to go buy that a different big new massive fast-food bacon cheeseburger.


GH: "Only, when I got it it didn't look the way it does in the commercials."

Me: "No kidding."

GH: "Yeah. And it didn't taste very good either. I was really disappointed."

Bless his heart. 

Last night after making a quick trip to the store to return a Redbox DVD and get some more breakfast cereal, he brought home a box of Oreo cookies. This is not usually an item on our grocery list. Generally what I do is NOT buy prepackaged cookies, chips, and crackers, and then every month or so we go visit his parents in L**** and binge out on all of their prepackaged stuff. And then I wonder why I always feel so gross and bloated and six pounds heavier after a weekend with them. (Secret note from my digestive system: it's because Fritos are a snack, friend--not an entree.)

When I inquired as to the occasion, he informed me that it was Oreo's birthday. Their 100th, to be precise, and it's only right that we celebrate it. The sneaky store people made a display, it seems. So what could he even do? You can't be all impolite and just refuse to participate in someone's 100th birthday.

So. We celebrated, and the Tiny Dark Lord got his first Oreo.



And then, like a genius baby, he signed for milk before he was even finished with it. That kid knows what is what.

Happy Birthday, Oreo!

5 comments:

Janssen said... [reply]

I actually giggled aloud at that conversation about the burger between you and GH. I love you both.

Nemesis said... [reply]

Janssen, GH says I misquoted him. During the commercial he told me that the Wendy's bacon cheeseburger being featured might LOOK delicious but was probably not, because of this time it the past when a delicious-looking bacon cheeseburger in a commercial turned out to be gross in real life.

Whew. Aren't we glad I cleared that up? :-)

Mrs. Clark said... [reply]

That is priceless. TDL with an Oreo. One for the scrapbook.

Bebe McGooch said... [reply]

Adorable!

I wish Charlie would actually do some signs. Maybe it's because we don't use the signs enough. But man, watching all that Baby Signing Time better not be a bust. Our waking nightmares have a score of, "One shoe, two shoe." Ugh.

coolmom said... [reply]

Oreo's are best stale.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...