12.22.2012

Fa la la la laaa, la la la laaaaaa


Just getting all ready for Christmas over here. I'm knitting and baking and wrapping and very much enjoying all the goodies that keep showing up at my house every day. Every time I think to myself, "Whither the baked goods, we seem to be out!" the doorbell rings. My taste buds thank the givers--my pants, not so much.

Remember those pie fillings I made and jarred back when I was pretty much being Laura Ingalls Wilder's mom? They are now finding homes as neighbor gifts, along with some of the jams and jellies from this fall.




I'm finishing up a few homemade gifts, including several sets of Olliblocks (regular and winter edition) for the Dark Lord and a niece and nephew. These awesome things are the brain child of my talented friend Alma Loveland.

image from Caravan Shoppe

image from Caravan Shoppe
The nice thing about being friends with the creator is that you can send her frantic texts about your Olliblocks-related Modge Podge panics on her birthday when she is in Disneyland on vacation. She was very gracious about the whole thing, and it turned out that everything was fine. Woops.

In other holiday happenings, it appears that GH is slowly turning our Christmas tree into an ode to pop culture, especially with the Hallmark ornaments he found at Kohl's this year and threw a complete nerd fit over.

Ahem.
the Back to the Future car
 And
plays the Ghostbusters theme song when
you press a button, I kid you not

In his defense, I knew what he was when I picked him up. He asked me what kind of ornament I would want if I could pick anything, and after thinking about it for a minute I said I would want something from Pride and Prejudice, and like maybe if you push a button you would hear Colin Firth talking about how much he ardently admires and loves you.

Check out what showed up last night:

from Cafepress.com


Yeah, I now have Mr. Darcy on my Christmas tree. Turns out they make such things. Without knowing he had this in mind, I'd already made GH this to show that I can go ahead and embrace the pop culture tree:



Tiny Jayne Hat pattern by Audrey Helou

Hoping all your last-minute preparations are going well!




2 comments:

Lady Susan said... [reply]

My ornament this year was a clay disk with a Mockingjay seal imprinted on it along with the words "may the odds ever be in your favor." For some reason, it just really spoke to me. ;) Otherwise, I tend to keep the ornaments more traditional.

Missy W. said... [reply]

Husband of the year award winner here folks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...