7.08.2014

Because my brain is too damaged from the heat

There is no air conditioning in my house and I forgot to leave the bay windows open last night so it was already like 76 degrees in the living room when I got up.

I'm sure the pioneers are shedding a tear for me right now.

The only way we can get the boys to sleep at night is to prop fans up in (probably dangerous) positions on furniture so a breeze reaches them. And then I retreat to my room with the running window AC unit and feel all kinds of guilty. I'm pretty sure someone with a Mother Heart would let the kids have the air conditioning.

Let's hear all your favorite places to get out of the heat, preferably ones that would work with an infant and a toddler! (Please don't say the pool. Because that sounds like work.)

Here are the ideas I already have:

My bedroom
The library
My mother-in-law's house

Aaaaaand those are all of them. 



8 comments:

Kayla Moncur said... [reply]

I vote for your bedroom. Leaving the house is WAY too much work.

Rachael said... [reply]

Do you have a mall near you? Ours has a play area that is a great way to get the kids exposed to whatever is going around while I avoid the urge to check the internet on my phone since as soon as I look away someone will probably snatch them and then the news story would be all "unfit mother" but at least it's air conditioned.

Desmama said... [reply]

My house. My house is air conditioned. And while it may be 25 minutes away, you better believe you can come here any time you want. The basement is all yours, the boys can play and nap and do whatever. I'm serious. I'll text you.

Sherry said... [reply]

Is there a splash pad nearby? Way less work than taking the kids to a pool.

Kara said... [reply]

Our local theater had great air conditioning and shows older cartoons (like from 2 years ago) for $1 on Wednesday mornings. Anything like that in L?

Unknown said... [reply]

I have been visiting various blogs for Window Air Conditioners Product I have found your blog to be quite useful. Keep updating your blog with valuable information...

Science Teacher Mommy said... [reply]

I love how helpful Mandeep Kumar is.

These are great ideas. I remember the summer I lived in the sweat box that was Logan with a newborn and two pre-schoolers while husband lived and worked in another city. Second story apartment. The heat never broke until midnight. Good luck.

Nemesis said... [reply]

Kayla, it's true. And sometimes it's too much work to get to my bedroom because there is no TV in there. THAT'S the kind of sloth you're looking at.

Rachael, we have a "mall" but I don't think it has any play areas. Blah.

Desmama, we will do this!

Sherry, there IS a splash pad close by, which is where I thought I'd be spending a lot of time. Turns out there's not much shade and also TDL is afraid of it. :-(

Kara, that is a genius idea and I would jump on it if anyone was doing it near me!

Mandeep, you are the best. I'm glad my information is so incredibly valuable.

STM, you definitely had it worse. Ickh.



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...