10.25.2011

Sick baby

The Tiny Dark Lord caught himself a cold.Yesterday was the worst of it--he kept rubbing his red, weepy eyes, wanted to be held nonstop, cried because I wasn't holding him right, and every few minutes would begin a sneezing fit that ended with boogers and brain matter all over his face, shirt, and whatever thing I had on that was still clean. When GH came home for lunch he noticed my newly decorated black t-shirt and asked, "Is that snot?"

Well, it ain't bedazzles.

I was wiping his face and nose so often that I actually put down the Brillo pad and went to the store to buy the nice tissues with the aloe and lotion and angel tears in it.

That is called Having a Mother Heart, y'all.

GH helped out by bringing me Halloween candy from his office, and also by being a New! Person! that had the power to elicit smiles and giggles rather than boredom and irritation (which is apparently my gig). Last night the baby was feeling a tiny bit better and we had a dance party to the Indiana Jones theme song.

Aw yeah

Thanks for coming through for me, Indy. It was much appreciated.

5 comments:

Janssen said... [reply]

Whoa, remember when Harrison Ford was a young guy?

Nemesis said... [reply]

I know, right? Man he was a handsome devil.

Kara said... [reply]

Sorry to hear of the snotty mess TDL is generating. There's a product called "Boogie Wipes" that is good in this situation. It's saline-moistened wipes that really are gentle, but angel tears sound good too.

Carina said... [reply]

I came over to sing the praises of Boogie Wipes, too. I LOVE THEM. Even lotioned kleenex suck compared to Boogie Wipes.

Lady Susan said... [reply]

"and also by being a New! Person! that had the power to elicit smiles and giggles rather than boredom and irritation (which is apparently my gig)."

Word. You said that right. My little bairn is sick too right now with a cold. Can't wait for Dad to come home and take over.

And yeah, I had forgotten how hot HF was. Thanks for reminding me. ;)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...